UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 31st May 2021, 4:45 pm   #1
Dantech
Diode

Default KB Queen Deluxe 17inch television

Hi

New here- my day time job is an AV engineer-

Went to a boot fair this morning and found this vintage KB queen deluxe Television set.

I'm not expecting it to work- was bought basically because its a lovely example of yesteryear something I want to preserve along with all the other bits of yesteryear I own.

I know zero about television restoration and bow before the community here for help and assistance.

Now my step father is an ex RAF radio engineer so he's pretty sure he can take a look and see if we can at least get it powered up - my question is more getting the cosmetics back to where they would have been.

Firstly its missing its right hand knob which is assume would have been the on/off knob?
Secondly the fabric on the front panel has worn away around said missing knob id like to replace this if possible.

Any other information about this set would be amazing.

It is a thing of beauty and I'm keen to learn more about it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20210531-WA0004.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	235157  
Old 31st May 2021, 7:01 pm   #2
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

Default Re: KB Queen Deluxe 17inch television

I think you have a model QV30 from around 1959/60. The missing knob is the channel selector for the 12 channel tuner that covers band 1 and 3 405 lines.
These are rather good television receivers, very reliable but you cannot receive any transmissions today due to the 405 service closing in 1985.

It gets very expensive to restore old television receivers plus the cost of a standards converter. I have a model RV10 that is almost identical to yours. The model number should be found on a white paper label attached to the chassis.

I may have the missing knob. Don't get too excited! It will be in my garage loft and will take a look next week. No guarantees!
Good luck with the cosmetic restoration. John.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KB Rv10.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	235170  
Closed Thread