UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Feb 2021, 12:24 pm   #41
beery
Heptode

Default Re: Bush TV22 LOPTX questions

Hi EF80TVVALVE,
You may find that the carbonised paxolin is slightly conductive.
I've found a spare panel, one of the resistors is missing as well as the blocking oscillator transformer, but at least it is not burnt up.
I can send it to you next week if you are interested . I can send it as it is, or if you don't intend to restuff the waxies then I can fit new caps for you, no charge except postage cost.

Cheers
Andy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210219_103802_copy_800x600.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	227074  
Old 19th Feb 2021, 12:52 pm   #42
EF80TVVALVE
Octode

Default Re: Bush TV22 LOPTX questions

Keith, it's interesting to see other sets that have had a similar problem, I wonder if it is related to leaky caps. Presumably someone was very quick to turn the set off with yours, I can't help but wonder if my set was a spare room receiver, maybe left on for some time unsupervised with this fault which may be why it is so severe.

Andy, that is very generous of you and I'd love to take up the offer, after checking more last night that whole end of the paxolin board is burned to a crisp, the part behind the resistor will easily push through with a poke, so a replacement will be much appreciated.

I'll send you a PM.

Cheers
Bren
Closed Thread