UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Jul 2021, 11:56 pm   #1
hans
Heptode

Default Who made this set?

This set was sold as "Radionette Colormatic 70". This set is a rebadged set. I can't find any information about this set. I would like to know from where Radionette sourced this set. It was sold in 1968
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	radionette colormatic.PNG
Views:	175
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	237986  
Old 20th Jul 2021, 6:07 am   #2
German Dalek
Hexode

Default Re: Who made this set?

Hi Hans!

Are you sure that it is rebadged? Radionette is one of 2 norwegian TV-manufacturers / I have a Tandberg TV-1!.
The station-pushbutton assy. is well known.
It allows to store 7 stations (only alongside border countries needed), and the knob below, with a little bigger distance to the row with 7 knobs will be used to tune the 7 station buttons.
Metz and Körting (Neckermann) for example had these kind of tuners. But this kind of stuff was made by NSF or Preh.
For the moment I don`t know more.

EDIT: Körting sold under different names TVs to Sweden, had the name of the import company on it and all user informations are in swedish.
Körting could match.

Regards,
German Dalek

MARC BOLAN, he was/is the real king of Pop Music!

Last edited by German Dalek; 20th Jul 2021 at 6:15 am.
Old 20th Jul 2021, 12:08 pm   #3
hans
Heptode

Default Re: Who made this set?

Hi Dalek,

Radionette never sold any colour tv that they made themselves. There was a rumour that that they had a set they planned to produce of their own design, but the company was merged with Tandberg and Radionette colour sets were "Tandberg" sets after that.

Colour transmissions were late in Norway. There was no use for colour sets in the late 60's. I've only encountered one 60's set. (Grundig) There must have been virtually no sale of colour sets before about 1972.

I have seen one early Radionette colour set from about 1970/1971. This set was a rebadged German set, but not the set i question.
Closed Thread