UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Feb 2020, 1:22 am   #1
flyingtech55
Octode

Default TRX Bench

I used to watch a chap called (I think) Peter conducting repairs to component level on a range of (mostly) comms. equipment on his YouTube channel TRX Bench. I think Peter is a German or Austrian chap. He hasn't posted a new video for over seven months and I am wondering what has happened to him. I used to look forward to watching his latest adventure, although the old ones are still there. Does anyone know why he no longer posts and what has become of him.

TimR
Old 22nd Feb 2020, 1:16 pm   #2
Terry_VK5TM
Nonode

Default Re: TRX Bench

There's a message on the EEVblog forum from July last year saying he is "busy with work and other things".
Old 22nd Feb 2020, 2:44 pm   #3
flyingtech55
Octode

Thanks Terry. Good to hear he's still hale and hearty. I imagine that making the videos is a pretty time consuming business; the production values were pretty high. I suppose he's spending his time more productively. Hopefully he'll be back sometime.

TimR
Old 22nd Feb 2020, 4:54 pm   #4
Dave757
Heptode

Hi Tim

I do wish I hadn't seen your post, - I've been watching that
channel all afternoon, - very addictive!

Seriously though, I think I shall be watching many more of
his videos, - Many thanks.

Kind regards
Dave
Old 22nd Feb 2020, 5:37 pm   #5
flyingtech55
Octode

He's a very good chap...really knows his stuff. He's got that Rohde & Schwarz test set which uses all the time. He obviously knows it inside out. I like his approach to fault diagnosis; measured and logical. He explains what he's doing and why he's doing it and goes right down to component level. He also doesn't labour points or constantly repeat himself. That last point is a real bonus!

Another YouTube resource along the same lines is 'Mr Carlson's Lab'. He's a Canadian chap. He's similar to Peter; possibly not quite the same, very logical , approach and slightly more verbose but still very watchable and with a fabulous range of test equipment which he uses to great effect. He attends to a wider range of equipment than Peter; vintage radios, switch mode power supplies, amplifiers, linear amplifiers, test equipment etc. He also designs and makes things. Very watchable!

TimR

Last edited by flyingtech55; 22nd Feb 2020 at 5:59 pm. Reason: Inaccurate term
Old 22nd Feb 2020, 6:30 pm   #6
Dave757
Heptode

Hi Tim,

Funny you should mention 'Mr Carlson's lab'!

I wouldn't like to try and count the number of hours I've spent
watching his videos either!

Kind regards

Dave
Old 29th Mar 2020, 6:14 pm   #7
Superhet Si
Pentode

I have tried contacting Peter, with no luck. Just really need to know he is well, he did mention he didn't have time to reply to messages.