UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Jan 2023, 4:17 pm   #21
Analogue man
Hexode

Default Re: Revox PR99 or a B77mk2 High Speed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Kendall View Post
If an SP7 is better than either Revox I'd be checking the Revoxes' state of adjustment...
Both Revox's have been set up by someone who services studio machines. The difference is only small but noticeable. I would agree that the Ferrograph tape handling is not the best though.
Old 22nd Jan 2023, 5:53 pm   #22
8bit Barry
Triode

I am pleased to report I got a virtually mint B77mk2 HS. It’s a beautiful machine and initial post purchase thought are that it’s was definitely the right choice.
I only have some older Zonal tape that was thrown in with the sale and the sound is wonderful, after recording some 24/192 albums. The top end seems a little rolled off, but this is to be expected until I get it serviced (not that I think it needs it) and biased for some SM900 or similar.
My intention is to record my own music, but the result was very compelling!
Old 23rd Jan 2023, 2:31 pm   #23
Ted Kendall
Dekatron

Zonal 675 is wonderful stuff, but unfortunately long out of production - it is equivalent to Agfa PEM 468 and was standard wear for the BBC as its Type 200.
Closed Thread