UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 7th May 2021, 8:28 pm   #1
nigelr2000
Heptode

Default Wireless encyclopedia Radio/room light!!

I came across some old 1920's magazines (Harmsworths wireless encyclopedia) and when reading a few bits I found a design for a combined radio and room light powered by batterys under the floor above. However bright were the valves in it and how loud would it have been to fill a room. I have photographed all the pages of the design if anyone fancies building it

The pictures are here ******************************zyDiN8wF51xa7qDP7
Old 7th May 2021, 9:04 pm   #2

Default Re: Wireless encyclopedia Radio/room light!!

Love it, bright emitters would have to be used to make it practical, at least as a lamp. I can just imagine the required lead acid accumulator falling through the ceiling.

Closed Thread