UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Aug 2022, 2:09 am   #1
K4CFinNC
Diode

Default Kenwood TR-9000

Hello there friends across the pond! Just found this forum and have read tons of great posts. I am seeking help for my TR-9000. I just bought this rig from a Silent Key estate which included the BO-9 system base, PS-20, and SP-120. On low power, I'm keying about a half-watt and the audio on FM/SSB is great. However, on high power, I'm keying 12 watts on the power meter but no modulation in any mode. Any ideas what could be going on? TIA!

Dan - K4CF
Old 5th Aug 2022, 5:47 am   #2
PA3DAF, Erwin
Diode

Default Re: Kenwood TR-9000

If you are using another 2 meter transceiver for listening to your audio it's possible that the receiver is blocking because of the strong signal. Turning down the RF gain or add some attenuation on the input might help.

Erwin, PA3DAF
Closed Thread