UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Aug 2021, 9:47 am   #1
Oldtestgear
Hexode

Default Torbay A.R.S rally @ Newton abbot Sun 29 August

The Torbay Amateur Radio Society is holding their rally at Newton Abbot Racecourse on Sunday 29th August from 10.00. After the last year that we have all endured this is an opportunity to buy interesting items.

This is an indoor event & not subject to the vagaries of an English summer.

I will have a couple of tables full of sensibly priced teat gear & piles of stuff worth playing with. Jeremy (Pamphonic) is coming down from Surrey & will have 2 tables next to me. I understand that a record number of exhibitors have booked space so please come along to support the first indoor rally in the area in nearly 2 years.

Phil parsons
Old 26th Aug 2021, 7:13 pm   #2
ColinB
Heptode

Default Re: Torbay A.R.S rally @ Newton abbot Sun 29 August

Does anyone know, do you have to be a member of the Torbay ARS to attend?

I'm tempted to go and have a look around, as it's only about two miles from me.
Old 27th Aug 2021, 2:29 pm   #3
Oldtestgear
Hexode

You are very welcome to attend. This is NOT a club only event & everyone is welcome. I am not a memeber of the club but like to go along with whatever surplus toys I have acquired during the year. Everyone has always been welcoming.

The hall at the racecourse has all the usual facilities plus (usually) a cashpoint for emergency purchases. I assume it will be working as usual but..........
Old 27th Aug 2021, 3:28 pm   #4
ColinB
Heptode

Great, looking forward to it. Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
Closed Thread