UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Apr 2022, 5:44 pm   #1
Pamphonica
Nonode

Default RetrotechUK 2022 - Sunday May 8th

The second RetrotechUK show (previously NVCF) is being held at the Warwickshire Event Centre on the Fosse Way, just outside Royal Leamington Spa on Sunday May 8th.

Retrotech (and NVCF before it) is run specifically to raise money for major projects at the Dulwich Wireless and TV Museum. These shows take a lot of time and money to organise, so please support Retrotech and ensure that we can keep it going for everyone in future years.

This is a reminder that it's just over two weeks away!

A huge range of stalls (about 190 last time), all indoors, huge free car park, full range of refreshments available all day.

See https://www.retrotechuk.com/ for location/times/prices/info, etc.

Here's a short video we did before last year's event as a taster; turn up your speakers and enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-HDN2wg7KY

If you haven't been before, there is a mind-boggling range of vintage technology on sale. Radios, TVs, Audio, Telephones, Vinyl, Record Players, Testgear, Retro computing, Parts, Valves, Cables, Collectables you name it!

There will be lots of room and ventillation inside the hall, to give good space for safe browsing. Entrance prices remain the same, with two-tier entry - Early entry at 9:00 (£25) and Normal entry at 10:30 (£10).

This year the BVWS committee is mounting a special Exhibition of equipment and artefacts to commemorate 100 years of Public Service Broadcasting. There will be some rarely-seen items, so do check that out. There will also be special exhibits from a number of other vintage technology organisations.

This show is open to everyone, not just BVWS members, so do come along and join in. Everybody is very welcome - bring your friends and family - see you there!

-Jeremy
Old 20th Apr 2022, 9:49 pm   #2
Sinewave
Octode

Default Re: RetrotechUK 2022 - Sunday May 8th

I'm going to try and make it to this, haven't been since 2019! I do have to be in Filton that weekend, so hopefully I'll have at least a few hours there to have a browse.
Old 20th Apr 2022, 10:16 pm   #3
Pamphonica
Nonode

The Bring & Buy will operate as usual. Multiple item entry forms are attached below.

From this year, the stall will be run directly by the committee from the Dulwich Wireless Museum (BVWM.org.uk), for whom it raises much needed funds. But I and other familiar helpers will also be there helping as usual!

If you've got stuff for the B&B and are queuing for general admission please try to make contact with us and we'll do our best to get your stuff logged and straight on to the stall.

There are 2 ways to sell stuff on the B&B.

1: Donation - with 100% going to the Vintage Wireless Museum. This is easy for us because there's no admin for labels, lists etc.

2: Sales with 10% commission to the Museum. If you have more than 3 or 4 items it helps us a lot if you can complete a numbered list with prices before you arrive, using the form attached below. Add in any lower price you can accept in the Offers column. We try to sell at the best price we can! Remember to stick corresponding numbered price labels on each item. Leave space before the number so we can add a unique serial letter to each label. We can do labeling/listing on the day but it really slows things down for everyone at busy times.

The B&B closes at 4pm just like the rest of NVCF. If you've sold anything you can collect the proceeds at any time. Unsold items need to be collected before 4pm. We don't have facilities to dispose of unsold items.

Here's the suggested listing sheet if you have more than a few items.

See you all there - not long now...

Jeremy
Attached Files
File Type: pdf B&B Single Sheet.pdf (62.8 KB, 71 views)
File Type: docx B&B Single Sheet.docx (15.4 KB, 38 views)
Old 20th Apr 2022, 10:36 pm   #4
Pamphonica
Nonode

I am informed by Greg that there are still a few stalls left if anyone wants to book up. Book on the Retrotech website. https://www.retrotechuk.com/
Old 21st Apr 2022, 7:11 am   #5
electronicskip
Nonode

I missed last year due to the fuel shortages , but will be there this year with a couple of friends who i drag along .
Will there be any unofficial meet of the forum members??
Old 21st Apr 2022, 8:54 am   #6
Dave Moll
Dekatron

I also missed last year - as a result of medical issues forbidding me to drive at the time - but have every intention of being there next month.
Old 21st Apr 2022, 9:39 am   #7
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicskip View Post
Will there be any unofficial meet of the forum members??
Nothing planned yet, but let's start a thread in a week or so to arrange something.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 21st Apr 2022, 2:00 pm   #8
agardiner
Octode

Can't wait. Missed last year due to the date moving, and the previous - well we won't mention that!

Bringing several friends too and plenty of dosh.
Old 21st Apr 2022, 6:53 pm   #9
Ricardo
Pentode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamphonica View Post
I am informed by Greg that there are still a few stalls left if anyone wants to book up. Book on the Retrotech website. https://www.retrotechuk.com/
Given that there were a few stalls left as of yesterday, would anyone be interested in sharing a one-table stall with me? (i.e. Option 1b on the booking form - one table stall and two stallholders.)

If so, please send me a PM to discuss further.

Richard
Old 22nd Apr 2022, 11:54 pm   #10
Bufo Bill
Heptode

Hi, can anyone offer me a lift to Retrotech and back from Wolverhampton? I would be happy to contribute to petrol or diesel costs.
I am what the rugby commentators describe as "a big unit", so please don't try to put me and two of your friends on the back seat of your car, they would not forgive you in a hurry.
Many thanks from Bill.
Old 24th Apr 2022, 9:07 am   #11
thermionic
Heptode

Unfortunately due to work commitments, I won’t be able to visit RetroTech this time.

My concern is that if this event doesn’t (at least) break even for the organisers, then this could be the last. So I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a good attendance so that I can look forward to it again next year!

....I’m already feeling guilty!

I hope you all go and have a great time😉

SimonT.
Old 24th Apr 2022, 6:08 pm   #12
Reelman
Octode

OK, I have a vested interest here as I am hoping my request for a stall has been accepted but this is a really good day out! Having attended many, many rallies, meets etc I have to say that if I was to go to only one event in the year it would have to be this one. The huge variety and quantity of available stuff is very impressive. I defy anyone to leave without buying something.

I hope to have some giveaways for forum members who attend - details in due course.

Peter
Old 24th Apr 2022, 10:52 pm   #13
audiomagpie
Heptode

Your stall holder tickets are in the post, Peter....

BVWS committee chairman
Old 27th Apr 2022, 5:49 pm   #14
Reelman
Octode

Thanks Greg, received this morning. Looking forward to it!
Just got to persuade the mother-in-law to accommodate us the night before……

Peter
Old 2nd May 2022, 12:48 pm   #15
af024
Octode

Hello Jeremy,

I'm hoping to attend this year and perhaps put some things up for sale at the B&B, but I just wanted to be clear about the requirement for the labels on the items. You mention, 'Remember to stick corresponding numbered price labels on each item. Leave space before the number so we can add a unique serial letter to each label.'

Does this mean that you'd like a label stuck on the item(s) like this:-

SPACE/No./£ PRICE or;
SPACE/No. (i.e. no price)

I ask because I wasn't sure how it worked. If the B&B stall was essentially asking would be buyers for offers, then an advertised price might not be needed, then again, you might be saying that if the B&B stalls tries to obtain the advertised price, then of course a price label might be useful.

Sorry for my confusion - it doesn't take much these days.

Thank you.

Andy
Old 2nd May 2022, 1:16 pm   #16
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Please see this information regarding closure of the Fosse Way just north of the WEC for HS2 construction works, that could affect journeys if travelling south. Sat navs with live updates should update your route automatically.

https://www.warwickshireeventcentre....April-2022.pdf

I have added a red X to the map indicating the location of the WEC, see attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-05-02 at 13-10-57 LM_N1_Notification_Notice-of-B4455-Fosse-Way-closure_April-202.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	256465  

Paul Stenning
Old 2nd May 2022, 2:21 pm   #17
duncanlowe
Nonode

Thank you for that. What an absolute pain, as the Fosse is exactly the way I was planning to come, given how often I drove along that section in my younger days.
Old 2nd May 2022, 4:45 pm   #18
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Indeed. I suppose I had better set my alarm clock to allow for an extra half hour or so.

Thank you, Paul, for the warning.
Old 2nd May 2022, 8:19 pm   #19
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Comment from Greg Hewitt in reply to email to the BVWS committee:

Quote:
We had to go nearby today so purposely tried the diversion, it only adds about 10 minutes to the journey, it’s main roads and easy to follow.

Paul Stenning
Old 2nd May 2022, 8:42 pm   #20
Lloyd 1985
Nonode

That’s not too bad, I’ll be coming in via Dunchurch and Southam, I know most of the roads there, as I usd to live in Daventry and worked in Leamington Spa. It’ll be nice to have a drive round again! A stop at The Dun Cow (or as we call it, The Moo!) in Dunchurch for dinner will be needed too can’t wait now!

Regards
Lloyd
Closed Thread