UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Oct 2022, 6:52 pm   #21
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default Re: Record player identification

I remember having something similar - bought secondhand - in the late-1960s., though mine featured a "STAAR" deck.

Though audiophiles hate the thought of such things, back then they were great for playing the latest 45s to your friends. Sure, they murdered the vinyl, but after a few weeks of sharing the enjoyment there was a new band hitting the top-20 so we went out and bought their latest release, leaving the scratched and needle-ground-down predecessors as like autumn leaves in the breeze.

Music is a consumer-item. Listen, [on whatever platform you have], Enjoy the moment, then move on!
Old 6th Oct 2022, 10:35 pm   #22
astro63
Pentode

Not sure what brand it is , the deck was made by EMI and used in several battery models from 1960-62, by companys like Dansette, Dynatron to name a couple, chances are the cartridge may be dead now, theres a company called ratchford that sells the case covering, i say get it up and running and enjoy ive been using my battery players for years and enjoy the retro sound my 50s n 60s vinyl havent suffered, just remember if your playing stereo albums you need a stereo compatiable cartridge
Old 10th Nov 2022, 6:34 pm   #23
astro63
Pentode

Pretty sure its a BRC as seen in image uploade by FERNSEH
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BRC_The_New_Name_in_Sound.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	267827  
Closed Thread