UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 9th May 2021, 1:12 pm   #1
frankmcvey
Rest in Peace

Default Electrojumble

I'm sorry to say that I've just been on Roy's website and it seems he has now closed permanently. Another great source of vintage spares (at very reasonable prices) gone; I don't know what his problems were, but I'm sure that anyone who has had the pleasure of dealing with him will be as sad as I am at his closure and wish him well for the future.
Old 9th May 2021, 3:10 pm   #2
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Default Re: Electrojumble

In the "information" section he does invite anyone to contact him if they are willing to take over the stock, so maybe not totally lost.
Old 9th May 2021, 3:25 pm   #3
CambridgeWorks
Nonode

A good source of data and information as well.
Rob
Old 9th May 2021, 3:46 pm   #4
M0FYA Andy
Nonode

I remember a while ago he said he was suffering health problems.

I wish him well.

Andy
Old 9th May 2021, 3:56 pm   #5
frankmcvey
Rest in Peace

I emailed Roy just before I posted the OP. I'm sure he won't mind me sharing his reply with you:

Hello Frank,

Thank you for your kind words. We have “known” each other a long time now – I remember your thirst for the valve boxes!

As I may have told you, the electrojumble sites were initially so that I knew what bits I had as I had accumulated a lot of various components This will be my third and final “retirement”! From employment then consultancy and now the hobby. My mobility and balance has been affected by strokes last year which means I cannot easily move around, access shelves or handle items safely. Not likely to improve! Therefore rather than let folk down with delays, I felt it better to close permanently.

Many thanks for your custom over the years – it was always a great pleasure dealing with you.

Best wishes,

Roy

P.S. If there is ever any item you need you can always ask – I may have it to hand!!
Old 9th May 2021, 5:11 pm   #6
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Good that the site is still able to be browsed, some good reference information on it.

David
Old 13th May 2021, 1:37 pm   #7
Uncle Bulgaria
Nonode

Goodness! I've had my eye on it for a while as shortly after I got some excellent advice from him on a circular connector for a valve amplfier umbilical (which he sent with some appropriate cable), he put up the 'closed' sign. I was hoping it would reopen, but it sounds as though he's had enough.

I hope someone takes on the stock as he has a wonderful array of things.
Closed Thread