UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Apr 2021, 6:55 am   #1
PWH
Heptode

Default Kenwood model eleven

I don't normally do repairs for others as it isn't my trade but this beast belongs to a neighbour and he can get anyone else to look at it.

Before I dive in, I am hoping there will be members who have dealt with one of these before and can guide me. The story..
The neighbour has had the amp for years and it has worked perfectly. At a recent party he played it all evening then cranked it up much louder than normal. The fuse went pop. End of music!

I was hoping it was a tired fuse but no, replacing it and powering on, the display lights for .5 second then the fuse goes. There is a distinct whiff of burnt electronics.

I have the diagram. I suspect either a popped rectifier or output transistors. Has anyone rescued one of these before??

Thanks
Closed Thread