UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 19th Sep 2021, 1:54 am   #1
GWR1971
Triode

Default Does anybody in the UK re-rubber pinch rollers?

I could do with having the pinch roller on an old video deck re-rubbered. Does anybody in the UK offer this service?

Terry's Rubber Rollers in the USA is still going, but Terry has only just re-opened on a part-time basis after suffering Covid and pneumonia, and he's not able to provide any estimates for how long it'll take him to turn any work around - it's just a case of he'll get round to it when he gets round to it.
Old 22nd Sep 2021, 10:50 pm   #2
kevinaston1
Hexode

Default Re: Does anybody in the UK re-rubber pinch rollers?

Wagner Australia still list lots of VCR spare parts.

https://www.wagneronline.com.au/elec...components/ct/

I have only used them once, but they supplied a replacement audio head and pinch roller exactly as described.
Old 22nd Sep 2021, 11:05 pm   #3
McMurdo
Dekatron

Someone must do as rubber coated 'nip' rollers are used in the printing and packaging industry for feeding films and foils into machines at accurate rates, and I know they have to be re-rubbered from time to time. I'll ask the relevant authority....
Old 23rd Sep 2021, 10:58 am   #4
Beobloke
Heptode

Not UK but a bit closer to home - Svalander Audio in Sweden can renovate them. I've not used them myself but have heard good reports.

https://svalander.se/shoppen/reservd...g-av-gummihjul

I could have sworn they used to have an English version of their website but it appears to be only in Swedish now - you may need to invoke Google Translate!
Closed Thread