UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Sep 2021, 11:33 am   #1
Pamphonica
Nonode

Default RetrotechUK (NVCF) September 26th at WEC.

The re-branded RetrotechUK show (previously NVCF) is being held at the Warwickshire Event Centre on the Fosse Way, just outside of Royal Leamington Spa on September 26th.

This is a reminder that it's just under two weeks away!

Over 160 stalls, all indoors, huge free car park, full range of refreshments available all day.

See https://www.retrotechuk.com/ for location/times/prices/info, etc.

Here's a short video of previous events as a taster, turn up your speakers and enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-HDN2wg7KY

If you haven't been before, it's got an enormous range of vintage technology on sale. Radios, TVs, Audio, Telephones, Vinyl, Record Players, Testgear, Retro computing, Parts, Valves, Cables, Collectables you name it!

We have spaced out the stalls a little more than usual to ensure lots of room for distancing and browsing. Entrance prices remain the same, with two-tier entry - Early entry at 9:00 (£25) and Normal entry at 10:30 (£10).

Note that there will be no shuttle bus service from Leamington Spa this year. Train travellers might wish to check for fellow visitors at the station and share taxis.

Everybody's very welcome, see you there!

-Jeremy
Old 14th Sep 2021, 11:37 am   #2
Pamphonica
Nonode

Default Re: RetrotechUK (NVCF) September 26th at WEC.

The Bring & Buy will operate as usual. Multiple item entry forms are attached below.

As usual Jeffrey, Brian, Chris and and I will be raising money for the Dulwich Vintage Wireless Museum on the Bring and Buy stall. Not sure where we'll be this time but most likely not far from the main entrance. If you've got stuff for the B&B and are queuing for general admission please try to make contact with us and we'll do our best to get your stuff logged and straight on to the stall.

There are 2 ways to sell stuff on the B&B.

1: Donation - with 100% going to the Vintage Wireless Museum. This is easy for us because there's no admin for labels, lists etc.

2: Sales with 10% commission to the Museum. If you have more than a couple of items it helps us a lot if you can make a numbered list with prices. Add in any lower price you can accept in the Offers column. We try to sell at the best price we can! Forms appear below. Remember to stick corresponding numbered price labels on each item. Leave space before the number so we can add a unique serial letter to each label. We can do labeling/listing on the day but it really slows things down for everyone at busy times.

The B&B closes at 4pm just like the rest of NVCF. If you've sold anything you can collect the proceeds at any time. Unsold items need to be collected before 4pm. We don't have facilities to dispose of unsold items.

Here's the suggested listing sheet if you have more than a few items.

See you all there - not long now...

Jeremy
Attached Files
File Type: pdf B&B Single Sheet.pdf (62.8 KB, 91 views)
File Type: docx B&B Single Sheet.docx (15.4 KB, 60 views)
Old 14th Sep 2021, 1:36 pm   #3
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Following a question on Facebook earlier, the WEC is fully wheelchair and mobility scooter accessible with disabled parking spaces close to the entrance, ramps at the entrance and the level change in the hall, accessible toilet, and catering staff happy to bring food down from the restaurant to the ground floor cafe area. If you need any assistance just ask any of the WEC staff or BVWS committee (go to the cash desk or BVWS stall if necessary and they will call someone).

Another important note, there is no cash machine in the WEC now, so please bring plenty of cash with you as it will be required for entry and at many of the stalls. Details of nearby cash machines are in the FAQ on the RetroTechUK website.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 14th Sep 2021, 10:54 pm   #4
audiomagpie
Heptode

We've 180 stall tables booked now and orders are still coming in. There's still time and room if you want one...

RetrotechUK bookings agent

BVWS committee chairman
Old 21st Sep 2021, 9:02 pm   #5
electronicskip
Nonode

Just wondered, will there be a meet of forum members this year at Retrotech?
I know there has been in the past.
Old 23rd Sep 2021, 4:37 pm   #6
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Nothing has been planned and I'm not able to attend this time. Probably best not to this time as some may not be comfortable gathering in a group, but let's organise something for the next one in Spring 2022.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 24th Sep 2021, 12:02 pm   #7
Hybrid tellies
Nonode

Location: 1966-1976 Coverack in Cornwall and Helston Cornwall. 1976-present Bristol/Bath area.

I would like to come but unable to get the following Monday off work and I generally need a day off afterwards to recover from the long drive. Maybe next year.
Old 24th Sep 2021, 2:50 pm   #8
Lloyd 1985
Nonode

I’ll be there! I’ve got me a long list of bits for existing projects that I hope to find. But you know how it goes, you find nothing from the list, but end up with a car full of new projects instead! I was considering getting a table myself, but I’ve run out of time to go to the lock up to get all the stuff I’d like to rehome so I’ll try to do it next year instead!

Regards
Lloyd
Old 24th Sep 2021, 3:36 pm   #9
thermionic
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd 1985 View Post
…. I was considering getting a table myself, but I’ve run out of time to go to the lock up to get all the stuff I’d like to rehome so I’ll try to do it next year instead!

Regards
Lloyd
🤣🤣. I keep promising myself that I’ll have a stall one year, I really need to dispose of lots of stuff! But, instead, I come away with even more bits & bobs that I really don’t know where to put. Maybe we should have a pact Lloyd, that we WILL get a stall next year!

Cheers. SimonT.
Old 26th Sep 2021, 9:19 pm   #10
cathoderay57
Nonode

Fantastic day - many thanks to all the organisers, stallholders and volunteers!
Old 26th Sep 2021, 9:38 pm   #11
Chris55000
Nonode

Hi!

I couldn't agree more, tons of stuff all very reasonably and fairly priced!

I came away with a Truvox PD99 stereo R–to–R with original book and mains lead, two EM34, one n.o.s. and one used, one Y63 n.o.s., and one original EBL31 used, and my friend got two more valve sets, two transistor portables and a Hameg scope!

I did see a Philips G8 blue book but unfortunately a lot of it was missing from it, otherwise I'd have got that to help the Member who's got a G26K522 on the go!

Chris Williams
Old 27th Sep 2021, 8:37 am   #12
GrimJosef
Dekatron

I had a great day too. I turned a lot of kit that I'd 'come by' into an equal amount of garage and workshop space (and even living room space !) and also a tidy cash surplus .

Thanks to everyone who put so much work into this event and who gave us the chance to buy and to sell and also to meet up with friends we haven't seen for far too long .

Cheers,

GJ
Old 27th Sep 2021, 9:14 am   #13
IanG3XYV
Pentode

Yes an excellent event. Took a friend along for his first time. A BBC engineer, he’ll be back again. Also enjoyed chatting to GJ and discovering we had a physics tutor in common in the 1970s.
Old 27th Sep 2021, 9:18 am   #14
Ian B
Hexode

I second GJ's thanks to all for a great event. I went home with a much lighter car ( and a fuller wallet!) and delight at having met so many nice people.

Only downside to the day was that because I didn't have much to put back in the car I didn't bother getting a trolley, and with my final load my belt broke as I come out through the door, resulting in my jeans falling down to my knees! Nobody laughed or cheered - either they were too polite or didn't notice - but I was glad I put on a decent pair of underpants!

Great day!

Ian Blackbourn
Old 27th Sep 2021, 10:49 am   #15
Lloyd 1985
Nonode

Absolutely fantastic day! Great to see people I haven’t seen for too long. I don’t know how the organisers do it, but whenever the NVCF/Retrotech is on the weather always seems to be really nice! There were some really good exhibitions as well as a good selection of stuff to buy, I’m still kicking myself though for missing out on another Sobell stargazer TV, if I’d bought that I’d have not bought anything else! I did get some bits off my list (which is unusual!) and some other bits too, still think the bargain of the day was an R1155 for 20 quid, I wasn’t going to argue with that! Can’t wait for the next one now, which I’ll hopefully be more prepared for and actually book a stall, make some room for when I do finally get my hands on one of those Sobell TV’s!

Regards
Lloyd
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	428441B3-9EDF-4123-869F-B52D89EFFF20.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	242218  
Old 27th Sep 2021, 11:00 am   #16
audiomagpie
Heptode

On behalf of the organising/working team I'd like to thank everyone who attended - both visitors and stall holders alike.
With all that's been against us in the last 18 months and then the fuel situation developing in the 48 hours prior to the event, I'm pleased to say that the eventual outcome exceeded our expectations!

It was great to see so many of you again and there certainly was a good buzz in the hall, some amazing and interesting displays too!

RetrotechUK will return next year - Sunday 8th May, back to its rightful place on the calendar.

Ian B - there's never a photographer about when you need one....
Lloyd - yes, we do book the weather!

Thanks again everyone!

BVWS committee chairman
Old 27th Sep 2021, 11:13 am   #17
Reelman
Octode

After such a long wait it was really great to be back!
Sold plenty and bought a few little things and a chance for a good natter.
Despite the wider scope of Retrotechuk I can’t say that I noticed anything I hadn’t seen before but there was plenty to see.

So, many thanks to:
My customers, Greg for bringing up my radios from the February auction and the other organisers for all their time and efforts to ensure success.

Roll on Golborne and next May!

Peter
Old 27th Sep 2021, 12:02 pm   #18
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomagpie View Post
RetrotechUK will return next year - Sunday 8th May, back to its rightful place on the calendar.
Thanks for confirming the date. I certainly hope to be there.
Old 28th Sep 2021, 2:57 pm   #19
Pamphonica
Nonode

Despite some intending visitors not making it, perhaps due to petrol or post-covid concerns, the halls looked alive and everyone was wearing a big smile, glad to be back together! There was certainly a lot to see and buy.

The halls were well-filled with stalls but the visitor numbers were down, not surprisingly, so we all need to spread the word for the May 2022 event!
Magnificent effort by all the organisers - huge thanks.

I came away with a small record deck needing a few bits, a broken but seemingly repairable DMM and a transistor tester! Not much but it will keep me occupied for a bit.

The Bring & Buy was very busy and well-stocked. I am about to pass proceeds of £450 on to the Dulwich Museum. Not too shabby for a post-covid show!

Thanks again everyone; see you in May...

-Jeremy
Old 28th Sep 2021, 3:46 pm   #20
slidertogrid
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelman View Post
After such a long wait it was really great to be back!
Sold plenty and bought a few little things and a chance for a good natter.
Despite the wider scope of Retrotechuk I can’t say that I noticed anything I hadn’t seen before but there was plenty to see.

So, many thanks to:
My customers and the other organisers for all their time and efforts to ensure success.

Roll on next May!

Peter
Seconded ! I sold a bit and bought a few nice items. While I didn't see a huge difference in the equipment on the stalls some younger people did seem to be there . There was also a large stall run by three younger lads that was selling a large selection of goodies from vintage radios to Hi - Fi, so it looks as if the event is starting to attract a wider audience, stallholders at least..
I managed to talk a mate into coming with me who hadn't been before he enjoyed his day and said he would go again. Hopefully by May Covid and the fuel crisis will be behind us!
Rich