UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Old 20th Jan 2022, 12:55 pm   #1
Craig Sawyers
Dekatron

Default Ferrograph 4A for sale

Hi all

Phase 1 of a clear out is my superb and fully working Ferrograph 4A. All the valves have been checked on my AVO-III, and the main reservoir cap has been replaced. It is in superb cosmetic condition and fully working.

This is complete with the correct Bulgin mains connector, and is fitted with a stereo head. However there is only a mono amp and single speaker. There is an empty grille into which a second speaker could be fitted, and a second power amp would need to be fitted to get stereo. There is there is an auxiliary socket on the back, complete with the correct plug.

There are also three empty Ferrograph spools, two of which are boxed. There are two Ferrograph tapes, which have been prerecorded by a previous owner. There are also two brand new plastic spooled tapes and an empty spool.

It is complete with a Ferrograph head defluxer. That originally came with a two-pin plug. However I fitted a regular mains plug, and the two pin one is in the box.

There is also a spare couple of heads, including a quarter track one.

There are a complete set of original manuals.

As you can tell, I bought this to use myself, but have had very little use out of it, so I'd like someone to have it that will love it.

It will need to be collected, or transported by someone on the list going in the right direction - it weighs 50lbs (23kg). Alternatively I could drive up to say 25 miles to hand it over

100 for the whole shooting match.

A hat to run until Sunday.

Craig
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ferrograph 1small.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	250062   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ferrograph 2small.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	250063   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ferrograph 3small.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	250064  
Old 20th Jan 2022, 5:28 pm   #2
James Duncan
Pentode

Default Re: Ferrograph 4A for sale

That a real great deal for someone unfortunately I reside about 600 mile North of Oxford or I would have had it by now.
I hope it finds a good deserving home
MM0HDW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Sawyers View Post
Hi all

Phase 1 of a clear out is my superb and fully working Ferrograph 4A. All the valves have been checked on my AVO-III, and the main reservoir cap has been replaced. It is in superb cosmetic condition and fully working.

This is complete with the correct Bulgin mains connector, and is fitted with a stereo head. However there is only a mono amp and single speaker. There is an empty grille into which a second speaker could be fitted, and a second power amp would need to be fitted to get stereo. There is there is an auxiliary socket on the back, complete with the correct plug.

There are also three empty Ferrograph spools, two of which are boxed. There are two Ferrograph tapes, which have been prerecorded by a previous owner. There are also two brand new plastic spooled tapes and an empty spool.

It is complete with a Ferrograph head defluxer. That originally came with a two-pin plug. However I fitted a regular mains plug, and the two pin one is in the box.

There is also a spare couple of heads, including a quarter track one.

There are a complete set of original manuals.

As you can tell, I bought this to use myself, but have had very little use out of it, so I'd like someone to have it that will love it.

It will need to be collected, or transported by someone on the list going in the right direction - it weighs 50lbs (23kg). Alternatively I could drive up to say 25 miles to hand it over

100 for the whole shooting match.

A hat to run until Sunday.

Craig
James Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2022, 4:15 pm   #3
Junk Box Nick
Octode

Default Re: Ferrograph 4A for sale

Craig

Please put me in the hat.

Many thanks

Nick