UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Aug 2022, 7:09 pm   #1
O M Llywelyn
Triode

Default Morphy Richards CA75 loose casing

I was in the process of changing the flex cord on my CA75 when I noticed that the painted shell was quite loose and would move slightly when I turned the temperature knob.

I didn't notice that it was particularly loose before I unscrewed the little compartment in the handle, but as I am aware that the iron probably contains asbestos I thought it best to make sure. I have read that the screw holding the shell down is located underneath the temperature knob, but I couldn't find how I might remove the knob to tighten the screw.
Closed Thread