UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Sep 2021, 3:46 pm   #1
Skywave
Rest in Peace

Question Panasonic LCD TV: strange display fault.

Model is TX-32AS600B. On the lower half of the screen there is a horizontal line of rings, equally spaced, polo mint shaped but larger and although quite faint, this is clearly indicative of a fault condition.

Any suggestions to the cause and fix, please?
Thanks.

Al. / Sept. 16th.
Old 16th Sep 2021, 4:48 pm   #2
Andrew2
Nonode

Default Re: Panasonic LCD TV: strange display fault.

I don't suppose this could be image retention from some previous application? I know LCD's are not supposed to suffer IR, but I'm sure if someone tried hard enough it could happen!
Old 16th Sep 2021, 5:51 pm   #3
greg_simons
Octode

This sounds like a common problem on these models, caused by the ingress of dust into the diffusion filters of the lcd panel, we did used to clean them at the time, it's a two man job lifting the various parts evenly without breaking anything, also clean the back light led strips, although i would stress it's not the easiest of jobs and not to be undertaken unless you think you can manage it?
Greg.
Old 16th Sep 2021, 6:07 pm   #4
Lloyd 1985
Nonode

Could it also be the lenses dropping off the LED’s? I’m sure someone else had that happen on here not long ago with a Toshiba.

They could really do with making the back lights accessible from the back, so you don’t have to pull the whole screen apart!

Regards
Lloyd
Old 25th Sep 2021, 10:52 pm   #5
lightning
Heptode

lt's easy to tell if it's the lenses that have fallen off, turn the set upside down and you'll hear them fall from the top to the bottom inside.

As already stated, it's a common fault with some types of LED backlight.
Closed Thread