UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Mar 2021, 9:19 pm   #1
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Convergence Panel Coil Compatibility between Valved and Transistor Timebases?

Hi!

Given that all 90° delta–gun tubes used only three or four different basic sets of scanning/convergence yokes throughout the period 1967–1980 when the delta–gun CRT reigned supreme, could I use the convergence panel adjustment coils from e.g., a hybrid GEC, Decca or ITT set in a design with solid–state Timebases?

The reason is that I was intrigued by the Tyne circuits originally posted, and since the chances of finding a Tyne are probably
nil to about 1 milli–percent, I fancy designing and making my own Tyne/Forgestone style delta–gun colour set!

(A separate thread will be started on this topic, by the way!)

Chris Williams