UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Aug 2022, 6:29 pm   #1
jez_145
Pentode

Default PCB Card - Standard Profile ?

Can anyone tell me if the PCB, in the attached photo, has a known standard profile name ?

It is one of several housed in a 4U, 19 inch rack frame and has a width of 6.100 inches (to fit between the rails) and a nominal overall length, from the edge connector, of 7.500 inches. The edge connector has a 0.150 pitch in this case but 0.100 is also used.

I'm designing my own card to fit in the frame, but I'm interested to know if it's a standard size/profile before I draw it up ? All I can find on the internet are references to metric "Eurocards" whereas this certainly appears to be very much imperial.

Many thanks,

Jerry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PCB_1.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	263065  
Old 18th Aug 2022, 6:41 pm   #2
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default Re: PCB Card - Standard Profile ?

Is there any manufacturer's name/identification-numbers on the frame's socket?
Old 18th Aug 2022, 7:01 pm   #3
jez_145
Pentode

Hi G6Tanuki,

I Can't see a manufacturers name as such but there are several identical sockets with the number 71203-1094 T on them. This was visible on the higher res version of the attached (too big to upload) showing part of the back plane when I had it disassembled a few weeks ago.

As you can see, there are a variety of different sized sockets, but all the cards have a similar profile.

Thanks,

Jerry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PCB_2.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	263066  
Old 18th Aug 2022, 11:29 pm   #4
jamesperrett
Octode

I would guess that's a form factor that is exclusive to the Dolby cinema racks. It certainly doesn't look like any kind of international standard to me. It appears to be a similar size to the Cat22 noise reduction cards though I don't have one of those handy to check its exact size.
Old 18th Aug 2022, 11:49 pm   #5
jez_145
Pentode

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesperrett View Post
I would guess that's a form factor that is exclusive to the Dolby cinema racks. It certainly doesn't look like any kind of international standard to me. It appears to be a similar size to the Cat22 noise reduction cards though I don't have one of those handy to check its exact size.
Could well be the case James. The unit in question is a Dolby CP65 cinema processor. The CAT 22 NR card certainly has the same profile as does most of the cards in their earlier processors dating from around 1975 to 1996. Just wondered if it was exclusive to Dolby or not.

Thanks,

Jerry
Closed Thread