UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Aug 2021, 8:55 am   #1
TonyDuell
Dekatron

Default Marconi TF2507 wattmeter mains connector

Can anybody identify the 3 pin connector shown in the attached photo and suggest where I might obtain a mating cable-mounting socket for it.

It's the mains input on a Marconi TF2507 RF wattmeter (dating from the early 1970s, made in Britain if it helps). It has 3 studs on the outside for a bayonet lock I guess.

I've temporarily attached wires to the insides of the instrument so I can test the power supply and amplifier, etc but obviously that's no good for permanent use.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Marconi_TF2507_Mains_Connector.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	238793  
Old 4th Aug 2021, 10:55 am   #2
turretslug
Dekatron

Default Re: Marconi TF2507 wattmeter mains connector

That looks like one of the Amphenol 62GB range, used very widely by the military and available in a variety of pole numbers and current capabilities but at least the type should help with searching.
Old 4th Aug 2021, 3:57 pm   #3
TonyDuell
Dekatron

Thank you. I will have to check the dimensions, but RS may even stock something suitable.
Old 5th Aug 2021, 4:50 am   #4
TonyDuell
Dekatron

I don't know if this will make any difference but I looked at the panel mount plug carefully hoping to see a part number. I didn't, but I can make out 'Thorn' on the metal mouting flange and I thing 'Bendix' on the insulator round the pins.
Closed Thread