UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Aug 2021, 8:48 pm   #1
Refugee
Dekatron

Default Ghetto blaster with spiders

Is this spider filled challenge worth it.
The only missing parts are the battery cover and most of the FM aerial.
I have not applied power but have found that both the CD and tape covers work and it has been dry by the looks of it.
Perhaps I could get the MW radio working and have a go at ghettoblasting the spiders out first
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7053.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	238778   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7054.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	238779   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7058.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	238780   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7062.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	238781   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7063.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	238782  

Old 3rd Aug 2021, 9:01 pm   #2

Default Re: Ghetto blaster with spiders

A dusty web usually means the spiders have long gone, bless their cotton socks for inhabiting our old junk. I am a bit of a spider fan BTW.

Old 3rd Aug 2021, 10:12 pm   #3
Lloyd 1985
Nonode

Where on earth did you find that thing?! To be fair, I'd probably pick up stuff like that too... Just plug it in, it'll probably work! I pulled a really crappy radio/CD player from a skip next to where I worked once, it was covered in builders crap, but it worked to some extent, the CD wouldn't play due to all the dust in the pickup, I took all it's innards out and chucked them in works ultrasonic cleaner (which ended up being mine when the place shut down!) and it came out nice and clean, and after drying it actually worked! And yes, I even threw the CD mech, laser and motors included into it! Just an experiment to see what would happen...

Regards,
Lloyd
Old 4th Aug 2021, 2:37 am   #4
Refugee
Dekatron

It came out of a tool shed on an allotment that is being cleared after the tenent gave it up.
The wild brambles missed the roof directly above where it was.
It has been moved to another tool shed that had the brambles removed and the roof fixed by me.
The cabinet looks reasonable under the grime as it does in the tape and CD areas.
You may well be right about it mostly working.
Closed Thread