UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Aug 2021, 7:13 pm   #1
maelin92
Diode

Default Garrard 2025 skating.

Hi all.

i recently fixed up a lovely Garrard/Dansette 2025.

I was playing some Nick Drake this afternoon when the LP cover fell onto the platter/tonearm, and now the arm won't seem to track without skating across the LP in one big slide.

I'm not sure what to adjust or reset! It's not a matter of the type of LP or anything, something seems to be locked/tripped.

Best, Mae.
Old 2nd Aug 2021, 10:13 pm   #2
Michael Maurice

Default Re: Garrard 2025 skating.

Almost certainly, you’ve just damaged the stylus, replacing it should cure your problem.

http://www.michaelmauricerepairs.co.uk/
Old 2nd Aug 2021, 10:15 pm   #3
john600601
Pentode

If the arm skates across the record it sounds as if the stylus has either been knocked out of place or got damaged on the impact. Do you know what stylus is fitted? A photo would be good.
Old 22nd Aug 2021, 6:03 pm   #4
maelin92
Diode

apologies for delay in replying,
thank you very much! i switched stylus and that's all it was. i thought i might have tripped something in the mech, but not at all. crisis averted.
best,
mae
Closed Thread