UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Jul 2021, 2:20 pm   #1
Skylark UK
Triode

Default Trio TS120V Deaf and Low Power on some bands

I resurrected my TS120V from the loft earlier this year after more than 35 years in hibernation. When first powered-up, frequencies of 21MHz and higher did not show on the digital display. Unitelex of this parish kindly fixed this issue however there remains a couple of other issues yet to be resolved.

The rig is deaf on all bands and all modes. Compared to both internet SDR sites and to my TS830S, the 120V will only resolve very strong signals.

The second issue is very low power output (estimate 1w compared to 10w spec) on 3.5 and 7 MHz bands but is fine on 14MHz and higher.

I'd appreciate any tips, help and advice from anyone with experience of these rigs. Many thanks in advance.
Closed Thread