UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Jul 2021, 8:56 am   #21
stitch1
Heptode

Default Re: Did The Bush DAC90 Have A Royalty Licence Plate ?

Hi Bob, yes still using the original BEC capacitor. I think it says 1955.

John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FAD28944-FCF8-439B-A72E-44B643529C5C.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	238457  
Old 30th Jul 2021, 12:49 pm   #22
bobhowe
Heptode

Hi John without going OT and getting my thread removed been a mid 50s set it might have not had a lot or use and that is why your Royalty Plate is still attached
Old 30th Jul 2021, 2:49 pm   #23
Techman
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobhowe View Post
if it has had any repairs in its early working life the plate might have been re glued
It might have been, but knowing most radio engineers of the time it would have been removed from the bottom of the case if it hadn't already fallen out and just been chucked in the nearest bin as not being relevant or necessary anymore.

I'm actually listening to Absolute Radio on my DAC90A right now and I just looked inside and there seems to be no sign of a licence plate ever having been fitted - it's a 73 series five figure serial number set. I was surprised to find the remains of two dead spiders and their webs inside, especially seeing as it doesn't seem that long since I originally opened the back for its clean out and mini service.

I can't remember if I checked the date on the smoothing can when I originally gave it its clean and mini service, but I may have taken some pictures at the time - I'll have to check back.
Old 30th Jul 2021, 3:04 pm   #24
bobhowe
Heptode

Hi Techman you are right there if the set had attention in its past & if the plate was on the bottom of the set it would have been chucked in the nearest bin .or if the set been moved by the owner ( cleaning the table it was on or into another room ) it probably would have fallen out kind regards Bob
Old 1st Aug 2021, 5:28 pm   #25
bobhowe
Heptode

Hi hear is a picture of my Ivory DAC90A with its Royalty Licence Plate fitted ( thanks stitch1 for posting picture of where its located ) no chance of this falling of as the set is fitted with the Ed Dinning Auto transformer so no heat . The next question is where did Bush put the Approved tag ? kind regards Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0424.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	238627   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0423.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	238628  

Last edited by bobhowe; 1st Aug 2021 at 5:46 pm.
Old 1st Aug 2021, 9:22 pm   #26
Graham G3ZVT
Dekatron

I'm not 100% sure, but I would expect the tag to be attached to the back cover's ventilation slots with a bit of string, so it's a miracle when it survives.

Last edited by Graham G3ZVT; 1st Aug 2021 at 9:33 pm.
Old 1st Aug 2021, 9:40 pm   #27
bobhowe
Heptode

Hi Graham you are right there as if it was inside next to the Royalty Licence Plate like the Bush VHF61 it would have caught Fire . Hopefully someone will come up with a picture where on the back is the tag secured on kind regards Bob
Closed Thread