UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Aug 2021, 4:56 pm   #21

Default Re: AVQ 47 Weather Radar Unit Help

For fun use audio, 40kHz stuff is readily available and would cover a garden just for demonstration/laughs. The Polaroid autofocus module was one of the best. Speed of sound is a million times slower than light, would scale well.

Old 10th Aug 2021, 7:43 pm   #22
TonyDuell
Dekatron

Default Re: AVQ 47 Weather Radar Unit Help

I still have my Polaroid ultrasonic module designer's kit with all the manuals so I can look anything up if necessary. The module used in the cameras is much the same electronically, the designer's kit also included a board of CMOS logic/counters to drive it and display the distance and a couple of those Polaroid thin batteries. The 2 semi-custom ICs on the ultrasonic module actually appear in one of the Texas Instruments databooks, again I can dig it out if needed.
Closed Thread