UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 10th May 2021, 4:54 pm   #1
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Wartime Radar

New at 8pm tonight on the Yesterday Channel-"The Buildings That Fought Hitler". Integrated defence system and Radar-RAF Kenley.

Dave W
Old 10th May 2021, 5:43 pm   #2
CambridgeWorks
Nonode

Default Re: Wartime Radar

Thanks Dave. Repeated 2200 -2300 on Thursday as well. Have set our timer for that as we are often playing back around 1930 to 2100.
Rob
Old 11th May 2021, 12:26 pm   #3
barrymagrec
Octode

Thanks for the heads up - I was interested both because I have an interest in Radar and because my childhood home is only about 100yards from the Kenley Aerodrome perimeter - we used to find bits of incendiary bombs and other shrapnel digging in the garden.

TBH it was something of a disappointment, the usual over amazed presenter telling us at great length nothing that most people hadn`t already heard a dozen times and only a short mention of Kenley with shots of the dispersal areas and the runway but little to give you an overall idea of how it was Eighty years ago.

Sorry to sound negative but I found it typical of current TV history programmes, long on waffle and condescension and short on facts.
Old 11th May 2021, 2:27 pm   #4
M0FYA Andy
Nonode

I think the previous post sums it up very well. I didn't expect too much, so I suppose I wasn't too disappointed!

Andy
Closed Thread