UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets and Parts Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets and Parts Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Aug 2023, 4:29 pm   #1
agardiner
Octode

Default Ekco A21 1st IF transformer

Hi,

I am hoping that someone can supply me with a 1st IF transformer for table radio. I suspect that several Ekco models may have used a similar transformer; IF of 477 kc/s. It is a large, fairly all round transformer, where the opening in the bottom of the chassis is an oval one to connect to it. The connection for the grid of V2 is via a wire from the top to the top cap of V2.

The A21 set I am restoring is missing the original transformer, and has a very incorrect looking square one fitted, which is not even properly bolted to the chassis. The original would have been tuned by varying the inductance, and the incorrectly fitted one uses variable capacitance tuning. The set is otherwise restored and wants to work, but almost impossible to get it to properly pass IF signals and superhetrodyne whistles all over the place, so would like to try and find an original before working out how to modify!

Many thanks,

Adrian.
Closed Thread