UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets and Parts Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets and Parts Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Old 27th Mar 2024, 11:04 pm   #1
majex45
Hexode

Default Leak Sandwhich Speaker plug

I'm looking for a plug for a Leak Sandwhich speaker. See photo.
The two pins are actually sockets and have different diameter holes.
Anyone got one they can bear to part with?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2374.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	295491  
majex45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Mar 2024, 11:20 pm   #2
vidjoman
Dekatron

Default Re: Leak Sandwhich Speaker plug

That's a common plug/socket arrangement for Leak at the time and used on amplifiers as well as speakers. The pins are different to avoid reversal and getting the speakers out of phase. You can use two seperate plugs - I think they are 3mm and 4mm. The originals are quite rare so may not be easilly obtained.
vidjoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Mar 2024, 10:49 pm   #3
majex45
Hexode

Default Re: Leak Sandwhich Speaker plug

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidjoman View Post
That's a common plug/socket arrangement for Leak at the time and used on amplifiers as well as speakers. The pins are different to avoid reversal and getting the speakers out of phase. You can use two seperate plugs - I think they are 3mm and 4mm. The originals are quite rare so may not be easilly obtained.
Thanks for the info, I am using a "chocolate block" at present but would like to "tidy it up" a bit.
majex45 is offline   Reply With Quote