UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Nov 2020, 6:20 pm   #1
LA9CHA Thorvald
Pentode

Default FT290R problems

Hello, can any please tell me where due I find Q05, an ICL7660 voltage converter from +6,8v to -6,8v. Output on the -6,8V is only -1,7V. I can not find any "Reg Unit PB-2239".(Perhaps my eyes need update!)
Old 15th Nov 2020, 6:27 pm   #2
Cobaltblue

Default Re: FT290R problems

Hi not sure what your after is at a source of the ICL7660?

If so there seem to be many suppliers including https://www.cricklewoodelectronics.c...waApNHEALw_wcB

Cheers

Mike T
Old 15th Nov 2020, 9:32 pm   #3
LA9CHA Thorvald
Pentode

Thanks Mike, my problem was where to locate the item on the unit, but I finally now found it and had it checked. All is ok! The vu meter went to full deflectionas soon as the unit was switched, but I had that fixed!
Old 15th Nov 2020, 10:16 pm   #4
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

For future reference I believe the 7660 negative-from-positive voltage generator IC is made by several manufacturers each with their own prefix, so as well as the ICL7660 there is also the LMC7660 and MAX7660, for example.
Closed Thread