UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Dec 2020, 2:56 pm   #21
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

Default Re: When is it safe to remove a picture tube?

The problem is it creeps back with the screwdriver pair. I learnt the trick from the rebuilders. Works every time to infinity. The only slight drawback is that it leaves the tripler charged but I'd rather have that than involuntarily drop the tube due to a slight nip! Give it a try. John.
Old 5th Dec 2020, 12:22 pm   #22
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

This of course this does not apply to receivers that derive their EHT supply from a 50c/s mains transformer. Great care has to be taken when discharging the low impedance high capacity supply.
If you are not familiar with the dangers involved I would respectfully suggest that you leave them well alone! John.
Old 5th Dec 2020, 1:34 pm   #23
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

New to me as well,thank you.It certainly makes sense.