UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Oct 2016, 9:48 am   #1
untune87
Pentode

Default Sony 9-90UB Modification

Hi all - recently got one of these sets, in working condition - modified it for my uses but I really wanted to add a composite input based on the info in https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=112023

I've located the PCB and the spot on the board where I'd need to insert the composite input into the circuit via the manual, but I have a couple of questions.

First, the whole portion of the board I need to get at is conveniently covered by a metal plate, soldered down to ground. I thought this bent away at first and didn't see the third thin tab holding it down at the bottom. As a result the copper trace has lifted slightly, which I've corrected as best I can. Is it designed so that particular tab is desoldered, then the whole plate can be (carefully!) lifted backwards using the two other soldered tabs like hinges? They are attached to the board with a lot of solder and I'm not confident I can get at them both without further dismantling.

Secondly, as per the previous thread - does the trace at which the composite is inserted have to be cut to function, or can it just be soldered in at that point? In regards to the schematic for the buffer, it requires three "33" caps. Am I right in assuming these are 33uF or are they lower? I have 4 33uF's left, 2x 25v and 2x 35v - will these be adequate?

Cheers
Closed Thread