UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 13th Oct 2016, 8:09 am   #21
regentone001
Heptode

Default Re: Audio remote control

I remember my parents renting a set,I think it was a GEC, that had a sonic remote. It was ok but every time the central heating back boiler started up it would change channel. Usually it would happen at an important point in a program and, at first, lead to some head scratching as to what appeared on the screen had to do with what we had been watching.
Steve
Old 13th Oct 2016, 12:22 pm   #22
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

Hi
There were a few 22" Bush Z718s fitted with full function remote control, and even teletext, though these were rare and pretty experimental. A customer had bought one cheaply as the shop had lost the remote control. I tried to get the text part functioning only to find the 5v regulator had shorted placing 12v on all the 5v chips in the text circuit. Not a viable repair, so I mamaged to get it working as a 'normal' TV.
The Z179 was an up-market set with those round neons in a touch tune arrangement but I think it only ever had the simple 'gong' type remote control. Some Rank sets were supplied by Saba so possibly they had full remote control.
Glyn
Old 14th Oct 2016, 3:00 pm   #23
FERNSEH
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Anorak View Post
There were a few 22" Bush Z718s fitted with full function remote control, and even teletext, though these were rare and pretty experimental.
The Bush BC6333 used the TiFax teletext decoder. Only one of these receivers came in for service and the text board had failed.

DFWB.
Old 14th Oct 2016, 6:33 pm   #24
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

Volume control on the early corded remotes from around 1961 had a pot across the loudspeaker winding on the audio output transformer. This avoided the hum problems that would have cropped up with 20 feet of screened cable! It worked very well giving no problems or stressed output valves. John.
Closed Thread