UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Sep 2016, 4:08 pm   #1
Vauxfan2k
Hexode

Default JVC hr-j635ek

The only VCR I bought new. Got it in the 90's from the Littlewoods catalogue which cost nearly £500. Madness!

Anyways still have it and it works flawlessly and is in near mint condition.

https://youtu.be/MMAOul2tBkk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	130522  

Last edited by Vauxfan2k; 25th Sep 2016 at 4:20 pm.
Old 26th Sep 2016, 6:01 pm   #2
John123
Heptode

Default Re: JVC hr-j635ek

One of my favourite JVC NICAM decks was the HR-D910EK. It was a side-loader like the Toshiba one your JVC is sitting on. I recall it had the optional VPT (Video Programming via Teletext) adaptor attached to it.

When you'd turn it on/ off it would say 'hello' and 'bye bye' across the VFD. Nice touch!
Old 27th Sep 2016, 11:58 am   #3
patrickgnl
Pentode

I had a beautiful JVC HR-D750EK VCR which I think was their second Nicam deck, I loved it, it broke and ended up in land fill.

Patrick.
Old 2nd Oct 2016, 9:37 pm   #4
IanNVJ35
Heptode

No fix available? Most all VCR'S that come my way are broken, but unless completely knackered I usually get them going again. Sometimes I get a bottom of the range deck as a cheap source of parts.
Closed Thread