UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Feb 2016, 9:08 am   #41
mark pirate
Dekatron

Default Re: Philips 17TG100U first light

I am wondering if the LOPT failure in these sets is due to poor storage, my set was obviously well looked after and most likely stored in a spare bedroom for many years. Three years on from when I recommissioned it, there has been no problems with it other than the volume control needing a clean.

It still has one of the best pictures of all my 405 line sets, I would certainly recommend having the LOPT rewound.
Once done, I don't think you would be disappointed with the performance

I really like how easy it is to service these sets, the swing out chassis is certainly well designed compared to other sets of it's era.

Mark
Old 7th Feb 2016, 8:19 pm   #42
Tazman1966
Nonode

Same with mine and I agree 100% with everything you've said Mark - I have the Stella version as seen in this thread and it's a cracker.
Old 8th Feb 2016, 1:16 am   #43
AC/HL
Dekatron

My Parents had one from early ITV days, replacing an Ekco TC162ish, a console model with that trapezoid speaker and three knobs. I can't recall it ever breaking down, but that's memories for you.
Closed Thread