UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Mar 2011, 5:19 pm   #1
EF80TVVALVE
Octode

Default Baird Televisor info

The Televisor bug has bitten me again! Does anyone have any measurements for the original Plessey "Tin Lizzie" Televisor? also, is there anyone on the forum who can make a reproduction synchronous motor? and the tin cover? I just wan't to know for now so I can grow some funds to cover the project,
thanks
Old 20th Mar 2011, 5:25 pm   #2
Panrock
Nonode

Default Re: baird televisor info

You'll find lots of expertise on this sort of thing at the NBTV Forum.

HTH

Steve
Old 20th Mar 2011, 5:38 pm   #3
Dave Moll
Dekatron

... and being in Leicester, you might want to consider popping across to Loughborough University on 2nd April for the NBTVA's annual convention.
Old 20th Mar 2011, 8:09 pm   #4
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

You may find you can still buy a synchronous motor from e-bay, but it may not be the correct size. To replicat you would need to get the correct laminations. This is probably extreamly difficult as most motor lams are now in metric sizes.
A possibility, depending on motor size and speed requires may be to us a modern servo motor, BLDC type or stepper motor.

Ed
Old 20th Mar 2011, 8:38 pm   #5
EF80TVVALVE
Octode

The Nipkow disc spins at 12.5 revs per second or 750 RPM. The motor does look fairly simple so I shall have a go at replicating it first.
thanks
Old 21st Mar 2011, 10:58 pm   #6
EF80TVVALVE
Octode

Hi, I am currently looking for a Nipkow disc. Does anyone know of anybody ho could make me an authentic reproduction with 30 holes (i don't mind the NBTV 32) and it has to have a 20" diameter.
thanks
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 5:02 pm   #7
Brigham
Octode

Default Re: Baird Televisor info

The NBTV Association has a 20" professionally-cut 30-hole disc available to order, subject to a minimum quantity of two. I strongly recommend the club to anyone interested in the pioneering days, and the annual convention is an eye-opener for anyone who believes the old chestnut that mechanical television is 'crude', and of 'no entertainment value'.
Closed Thread