UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Jan 2011, 12:25 am   #21
murphyv310
Dekatron

Default Re: TV development

Hi Jon
Yes that is the article I have but I think it was after 1953! Where was it from?
Old 1st Jan 2011, 10:21 am   #22
Peter.N.
Dekatron

The appearance of that bent kneck tube instills horror, I was clumsy enough with straight ones!

Peter
Old 1st Jan 2011, 2:59 pm   #23
Duke_Nukem
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310
Yes that is the article I have but I think it was after 1953! Where was it from?
Its from Wireless World for January 1954, and makes reference to a detailed description having been published in the June 1953 issue of Philips Technical Revue - wish I had a copy of that. Something that bizarre could only be Philips, couldn't it !

Have attached the Wireless World article - sorry its a pdf, but forum limits images to 600 pixels high which would have made the text difficult to read.

TTFN,
Jon
Attached Files
File Type: pdf folded_crt.pdf (287.5 KB, 83 views)
Old 1st Jan 2011, 3:09 pm   #24
murphyv310
Dekatron

Thanks Jon.
I found my copy too, just seem to forget what year things were invented, discussed or just about anything time related now, senile decay is setting in too early, in my mind.
Old 1st Jan 2011, 3:44 pm   #25
tubesrule
Hexode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke_Nukem View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310
Its from Wireless World for January 1954, and makes reference to a detailed description having been published in the June 1953 issue of Philips Technical Revue - wish I had a copy of that. Something that bizarre could only be Philips, couldn't it !

Have attached the Wireless World article - sorry its a pdf, but forum limits images to 600 pixels high which would have made the text difficult to read.

TTFN,
Jon
That's incredible! I have never seen anything about this crt before. Thanks for posting it Jon.

Darryl
Old 1st Jan 2011, 3:45 pm   #26
malvision
Pentode

The sinclair flat screen tv used a crt with the gun mounted on the side
Old 1st Jan 2011, 4:05 pm   #27
Steve_McVoy
Pentode

Here is another one:

http://www.earlytelevision.org/fairchild_crt.html
Old 1st Jan 2011, 11:39 pm   #28
Maarten
Dekatron

I don't remember where I read about it (might even be in this forum) but Philips had another way of solving the extremely wide deflection angles. Instead of producing a tube with only 1 gun, they prototyped a "camel tube", actually 2 tubes with separate guns in one glass envelope sharing the same screen.
Closed Thread