UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Dec 2010, 2:21 pm   #1
daniell
Retired Dormant Member

Default Decca colour TV 1970's

Wonder if any one can assist?? To solve the issue, an image of a Decca colour TV wooden cabinet is needed. If I recall it had slide controls and a dial for channels. This was a model that was in Australia and rented in about 1977.
Old 27th Dec 2010, 10:59 pm   #2
AndrewM
Pentode

Default Re: Decca colour TV 1970's

Hi, I have attached a picture of an Australian Decca that should be the same as the model you have described. I apologize for the poor image quality, as it is the only picture I have of this model.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Decca.JPG
Views:	1327
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	44348  
Old 28th Dec 2010, 1:52 am   #3
daniell
Retired Dormant Member

thank you for your quick response, it is almost identical.
I think the speaker had wood over it!! hopefully it should resolve the issue.
Old 31st Dec 2010, 2:39 pm   #4
daro
Retired Dormant Member

That was known in Australia as the Decca 33 chassis which the same as the 30 series that was sold in the UK in the 70's.

I had a few of those when I was in Dubbo in the mid to late 80's

The UK 30 series used an auto-transformer in it's power supply & the valve heaters got their power straight off the mains so the chassis was not isolated as the the ones that were sold in Australia were.

Decca's were rented through a company that was known as Trident Television, EMI also imported them & sold them under the HMV & Healing brand names.

Last edited by daro; 31st Dec 2010 at 2:47 pm.
Closed Thread