UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Oct 2005, 11:05 am   #1
brianc
Rest in Peace

Default Pye D18T safety interlock

Hi All

I am still in the process of restoring my D18T which came to me missing its back cover. It seems that a saftey mains interlock is fitted to these backs as the first things the mains sees are 2 sets of contacts which isolate the chassis until two pins are inserted through holes in a paxolin panel. I have inserted two insulated 4mm banana plugs as a stopgap but I would like to make a replica replacement. Can anyone describe the form of the device? Is it fitted to the back cover permanently etc.
- or has anyone got a spare back cover for sale?

many thanks

Brian
Old 29th Oct 2005, 6:43 pm   #2
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

Default Re: Pye D18T safety interlock

Hello Brian,
I have removed the back from one of my B18T PYE models and taken a couple of pictures that might help. The interlock is mounted in a paxolin 'sliding pocket' that is riveted to the back. The two prongs are mounted in a slide [on another piece of Paxolin]that gives it enough movement to fit the socket as the back is removed and replaced. The size is
30 X 40 mm and the slot is 30mm long. the vertical slide action of the prongs is around 10mm. Please come back if you need any back details. Regards. JOHN.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S3500001.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	1819   Click image for larger version

Name:	S3500002.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	1820   Click image for larger version

Name:	S3500006.JPG
Views:	146