UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Feb 2016, 8:11 pm   #1
regentone001
Heptode

Default Bush TV67 value?

Hi Guys
I am just wondering what you would consider to be a fair price for a BUSH TV67?
The reason I am asking is because a week ago yesterday there was one in a local auction. Being unable to go I left a commission bid of £30 but did not win the auction. I don't know how much the set went for but lo and behold on Friday the same set appeared elsewhere at £99.99 starting bid.
Is this a reasonable price or are vintage TVs going up in price the same as record players? I must admit it is out of my price range
Steve.
mods if this is in the wrong area please move
Old 16th Feb 2016, 10:40 pm   #2
60 oldjohn
Dekatron

Default Re: Bush TV67 value?

I would guess it made £31. I think it would not be worth much more than your bid, just depends on who was there on the day, or online.

John.
Old 16th Feb 2016, 11:31 pm   #3
slidertogrid
Octode

Default Re: Bush TV67 value?

I think prices for old sets is on the rise generally. Sets on ebay seem to be making better money of late.
My friend has bought a few sets from a local house clearance type auction in the past at very reasonable prices but recently a fairly ordinary 1950's console set that you would expect to make £50 top made over three times that.
I suppose it only takes two determined bidders. The TV sets in the recent BVWS auction all made reasonable money. On one set in particular there were only three serious bidders but they pushed it up to twice what I thought it would make!
Sets from the 1950's seem a lot more common than the 1960's dual standard sets for some reason..

Rich.