UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Dec 2015, 2:12 am   #21
dj_fivos_sak
Heptode

Default Re: Philips Video 2000 Player problem.

Join the "VTR, VCR and video collectors" group on facebook. Someone installed video outputs on a Philips N1700.

Fivos
Old 19th Dec 2015, 9:29 pm   #22
DAVE123
Triode

Hi folks, sorry for the delay in reply.

Thank you for all the information. I'm going to try recording something via the tuner and post results here. It'll probably be a day or two before I can do this though. I'm really not confident, or indeed competent enough to start investigating inside the machine, so if I can't get anywhere with it, I'll have to find an expert who can repair it.

To idlerbiker - yes, a copy of the Service Manual would be greatly appreciated (as i'll pass this on, if required). Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm unsure how to PM a member.

Cheers and have a good weekend everyone.

Dave.
Old 20th Dec 2015, 12:33 am   #23
AC/HL
Dekatron

Hi Dave,
To PM, click on the person's username on the left. A drop down menu will appear.
Old 20th Dec 2015, 3:56 pm   #24
dj_fivos_sak
Heptode

Here's a link to the complete schematic of the machine:
http://freeservicemanuals.info/en/se...SETTERECORDER/
Hope this helps.

Fivos
Old 21st Dec 2015, 2:58 am   #25
julie_m
Dekatron

On page 5 is an explanation of the AUX connector. If you connect pin 2 (signal) and 20 (earth) to an external amplifier, you should hear the sound from the tape coming through this amplifier. Pin 18 should be carrying video out

I was worried that there might have been a requirement for the blanking plug to connect certain pins together for normal operation, but this does not seem to be the case; switching between the tuner and external source is done electronically, downstream of the optional A/V input unit.
Old 22nd Dec 2015, 1:53 pm   #26
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

Hi there
Didn't see many of the 2000 series, but the later and slightly similar VHS machines did have a common fault on the audio with the small blue electrolytics going short removing the sound. Worth a look!
Glyn
Old 24th Dec 2015, 10:55 am   #27
Safgrantham
Triode

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVE123 View Post
Just to clarify: I am in the UK and I believe this to be a UK machine.
Yes it was made for the UK if you look at the model number after the / 05 means UK market.

regards
Stephen
Old 28th Dec 2015, 10:00 pm   #28
DAVE123
Triode

Hi Guys,

Just got back after a short Christmas break. Thank you all again for your time on this. I've checked a few things out, but really don't feel confident enough to open the machine up and testing out further.

I think the best thing for me to do, is to print off the comments and get a copy of the Service Manual from the link - then pass this on to my local TV / Video repair man (yes - we still have one!).

I'll update as soon as possible. It would be fantastic to have this working properly again. I love everything about it.

Kindest regards and thank you to everyone who has tried to help
Old 29th Dec 2015, 1:57 pm   #29
DAVE123
Triode

dj_fivos_sak

Hi Fivos, could you please link me to the VR2022 Service Manual again please? I don't appear to be getting the download link now

Kindest regards, Dave.
Old 29th Dec 2015, 4:02 pm   #30
dj_fivos_sak
Heptode

I just sent you a pm
Closed Thread