UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Oct 2015, 7:46 am   #1
dj_fivos_sak
Heptode

Default National NV-7500EM VCR very strange problem

I have a very strange problem with this early Panasonic machine. When the machine is in stop mode, even without a tape inside, the machine displays signal (snow) from the actual video heads! I cannot get E-E signals through the vcr neither from line in or tuner. This happened suddenly while I was using the machine regularly and I don't know what caused this! When I press play, I can see the head drum spinning up right on the telly and the picture comes up distorted! What I mean is that, normally when you press play, you have to wait for the tape to load and then after a couple of seconds, the picture comes up. In my case, the picture from the heads is constantly there. I will post a video on YouTube soon to explain it better.
Old 26th Oct 2015, 9:25 am   #2
dj_fivos_sak
Heptode

Default Re: National NV-7500EM VCR very strange problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoCSqAy11rY

Here's the video.
Old 26th Oct 2015, 11:35 am   #3
8 Tracker
Hexode

Just a thought, some machines had a relay to switch between E-E and off-head signals. Could this be stuck or receiving a constant signal?
Mark.
Old 26th Oct 2015, 3:14 pm   #4
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Have you got the manual? The signal path will no doubt be quite clearly marked, and you should be able to work out what's going wrong and where.
Old 26th Oct 2015, 11:03 pm   #5
dj_fivos_sak
Heptode

I have the manual for the NV-7200 and 7800 models. Mine is multi system.
Closed Thread