UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Oct 2015, 4:12 am   #1
Catkins
Pentode

Default Omnibus edition of pre-war EMI/Marconi televisions

Hi

Does anyone have a copy of the "Omnibus edition of pre-war HMV/Marconi televisions" available showing the service information for the HMV 900?

I have tried here http://www.thevalvepage.com/tvmanu/hmv/hmv.htm but it doesn't seem to have it available anymore (nothing comes up for Marconi or HMV).

Now the HMV 904 restoration is largely finished, I have started to work on my HMV 900 which has been waiting for nearly a year ... BTW this is the HMV 900 serial number H681 that Mark Parsons (grandson of the original owner) had for sale last year.

So far I have removed the 3 chassis, and disinfected the cabinet (which had all the unpleasant indications of rodents living in it).

If anyone's interested I can put up some pictures of the chassis. So far the 3 chassis look completely untouched, the last work seems to have been the 1946 refurbishment at the re-start of television. It has top-mount blanking of the V8 socket, with the wiring still in place.

The EHT transformer appears to be short-circuited (the EHT winding reads 1.2 KOhms, or 10% of the stated value). The EHT transformer being faulty is I believe quite common on these sets? BTW If anyone's wondering how I know the stated value it's because I have an incomplete version of the omnibus edition downloaded by my brother Draenog a couple of years ago, but pages 20 - 30 are corrupted.

Last edited by Catkins; 12th Oct 2015 at 4:39 am. Reason: To add more information
Old 12th Oct 2015, 4:53 am   #2
G8KBG Tony
Pentode

Default Re: Omnibus edition of pre-war EMI/Marconi televisions

Try HERE and type EMI into the manufacturer's name box.

Tony
Old 12th Oct 2015, 5:50 am   #3
Catkins
Pentode

Default Re: Omnibus edition of pre-war EMI/Marconi televisions

Got it, thanks.... Now why didn't I think of typing EMI into the manufacturers box
Closed Thread