UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd May 2015, 1:17 am   #1
lojelo5
Retired Dormant Member

Default Sony SVO-9620

Hi everyone I would like to thank everyone for any help and advice.

I can get hold of one of these for £40 I will only be using it for capturing to a DVD hard drive recorder.

I'm currently using a friends JVC-HRS-7722 but he wants it back, so I just wanted to know if the Sony will be as good as the JVC or any better.

Thanks

lojelo5
Old 23rd May 2015, 8:23 am   #2
Nicklyons2
Octode

Default Re: Sony SVO-9620

These were good machines and more 'hands on' if you are copying. As regards picture quality I doubt there's much to choose - it's down to each individual machine's alignment. Two things to check though: 1) its mechanical interchange; best checked with an alignment tape but otherwise known good recorded tape. 2) leave it on as long as poss - does the unit work OK or start to 'pulse' on & off. These can have power supply probs so just beware.
Old 23rd May 2015, 12:29 pm   #3
lojelo5
Retired Dormant Member

I will try and find something similar to the JVC.

I need a decent player with S-video output and phono audio but some of the prices people are asking are just silly.

Last edited by paulsherwin; 23rd May 2015 at 1:56 pm. Reason: To comply with forum rules
Old 23rd May 2015, 2:00 pm   #4
paulsherwin

You should also bear in mind that these are complex machines and even the youngest will be getting on a bit now, so faults are very likely. This particularly applies to higher spec machines which may have led hard lives in semi-professional use.
Old 23rd May 2015, 7:40 pm   #5
lojelo5
Retired Dormant Member

Sorry for the you know what missed that in the rules when I looked last night.

Would you say the Panasonic NV-HS830B is similar quality to the JVC-HRS7722 I know it doesn't have the TBC/NR on the Panasonic but I won't be using it anyway. When I have used it on the video's I am copying the picture seems to jump so not having won't bother me.
Old 25th May 2015, 3:38 am   #6
lojelo5
Retired Dormant Member

Well I ended up getting a Panasonic NV-HS830B.
Closed Thread