UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 13th Jan 2016, 10:41 am   #41
pastyboy
Hexode

Default Re: 1960 TV repair

Well done for persevering ! Mitch's early suggestion that the CRT was low reminded me of all the Customers that used to think if there was no picture it had to be the tube that had "gone" what else could it possibly be ?
Old 13th Jan 2016, 1:20 pm   #42
Hunts smoothing bomb
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastyboy View Post
Well done for persevering ! Mitch's early suggestion that the CRT was low reminded me of all the Customers that used to think if there was no picture it had to be the tube that had "gone" what else could it possibly be ?
Of course! either that or it was the "picture valve!"

Cheers
Old 13th Jan 2016, 6:18 pm   #43
Mitch-W
Tetrode

Thanks! I very much appreciate that.

Tomorrow I will go shopping for resistors, as I need to replace these two 47R that are in wrong values. Should I take 5W or 10W ones? The original ones are gone. These 5R1s that are now in are 8W rated.
Old 13th Jan 2016, 6:41 pm   #44
mark pirate
Dekatron

I would get the 10 Watt resistors, just to be on the safe side!

Mark
Old 15th Jan 2016, 12:51 am   #45
Mitch-W
Tetrode

I ordered them and also took 56 ohm power resistors, perhaps they'll lower the B+ voltage a bit more?
This set was designed for 220V, but since 1989 we have 230V standard voltage. In fact, I have about 234V in my socket right now, so the B+ and filament voltages on vintage gear are all running a bit high. I do own one Körting radio from 1939 that has transformer taps from 110V all through to 240V.
Closed Thread