UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Jan 2017, 8:02 pm   #1
stevehertz
Dekatron

Default Pin connections on a Mullard MW6/2 tube

I want the pin connections for a Mullard MW6/2 tube. It's the 2.5", 25kV tube that was used in late 50s projection TVs. Specifically, I'm wanting the heater pin connections.

Anyway, the info re pin connections on this page http://www.r-type.org/exhib/aaa0291.htm vary from the Philips data on the PDF accessed from the same page. The main page says pins 2 & 5 are heaters, whereas the Philips data says pins 1 & 4. I have fired off an email to the guy at the web site, but I've not heard back from him yet. I need a definitive answer as the moment I have two choices So if someone can speak from hard experience that would be great. Thanks.
Old 30th Jan 2017, 8:42 pm   #2
Jac
Heptode

Default Re: Pin connections on a Mullard MW6/2 tube

Here http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/f...30/m/MW6-2.pdf
it is clearly indicated.

Jac
Old 31st Jan 2017, 1:56 am   #3
stevehertz
Dekatron

Thanks Jac. The link is to the same pdf as the one I mention initially, the Philips one. In all honesty, I ought to trust that one and disbelieve the National Valve museum one I suppose. I'm surprised they got it wrong mind, hence my reason for checking, ie this thread.
Old 31st Jan 2017, 9:11 am   #4
Jac
Heptode

Hi Steven,

Not all manufacturers count the pins in exactly the same way at the side-contact valves. That's where the problem lies.
Whay they mean might be (probably is) identical, but only a clear picture indicating the pin numbering or connections is to be trusted.

Jac
Old 31st Jan 2017, 9:16 am   #5
stevehertz
Dekatron

Jac, agreed, but in this instance the page above does include a pin diagram - click on to it - and a table. It just appears to be wrong.
Old 1st Feb 2017, 11:55 am   #6
stevehertz
Dekatron

I've just heard back from Allan Wyatt, and the info on the valve museum page was incorrect. The info is now corrected; both the web page and the the linked Philips data sheet pdf are now in accord.

This thread can be closed now.