UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 13th Feb 2016, 11:58 pm   #1
alant1980
Retired Dormant Member

Default Sony SLV-E710 Errors

Hi,

I have an old Sony SLV-E710. It plays recordings OK but if I stop playback and use fast forward or rewind, once it stops it displays error code "3l 10 cc". Further attempts to play the tape result in error "3l 11 ac" and attempts to eject the tape result in error "3l 11 7c".
The error state will eventually resolve itself but invariably happens again if another rewind/fast forward is attempted.

The pinch roller is fairly worn on this unit. Is it worth replacing it? What else could be causing the errors?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alan
Old 14th Feb 2016, 12:29 am   #2
vhs doctor
Pentode

Default Re: Sony SLV-E710 Errors

Hi

When you select rewind or forward the tape ends and then you have the fault error code or not
Old 14th Feb 2016, 12:31 am   #3
Red to black
Nonode

Default Re: Sony SLV-E710 Errors

Here are the error codes attached.

A common cause of "spurious" error codes is a dirty mode switch, this is always worth checking first in cases where you appear to have multiple different errors that seem unconnected to each other.

Another common cause of transport related (FF/RW etc.) faults is the capstan motor on this deck, it may be partially seizing up, lubrication does not always cure it unfortunately.

Of course there are a multitude of other things that can cause errors (broken plastic mechanical parts/faulty rotation sensors etc.), however the two listed above are by far the most common on this range of machines
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SLV-SE610_SE710_SE810_SX710_SX717_SX810_X9.pdf (63.4 KB, 369 views)

Last edited by Red to black; 14th Feb 2016 at 12:38 am.
Closed Thread