UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Jan 2016, 11:08 am   #21
HurtyAC
Tetrode

Default Re: No Green on Thorn 3000

Hi All,
From what you describe it sounds like the connection to the green cathode pin of the CRT may be open circuit? The only thing that goes against this is the bright green raster when you take the green cathode drive to ground. If you have 80-120 volts on the cathodes and 400 volts on the A1's and the red and blue drive is o.k. (seen on the screen) then you tube biasing is correct. Did this fail over time or all of a sudden?

Adrian
Old 17th Jan 2016, 12:19 pm   #22
pastyboy
Hexode

What a ROTTER !!!!! L802 was oc the coil in series with the green K

talk about a red herring but there was volts and a video drive waveform on a 3 cathodes

thinking about it now maybe the scope WF was being induced by the other guns ??

other red herring is the a1 volts didn't seem to tally should be 1kv from LTB to conv board pin 3 but only 670v this may be because I don't have an avo and its a rough dc line with sprogs on it...

I shorted the cathode pin to deck and had a green raster but then should of decked the other end of the video drive plug (with it unplugged of course)

Thanks to all that helped out with invaluable suggestions.

There is the convergence to set up - what a joy and I still don't think the brightness cct is right - will set up as per the posts, but as the preset is right on max I think there is something lurking.

At least me tube is OK !!
Old 17th Jan 2016, 12:46 pm   #23
MALC SCOTT
Octode

There are quite a few of those black Callins electrolytics in these sets, best to change them all, Malc.
Old 17th Jan 2016, 1:04 pm   #24
FERNSEH
Dekatron

Including C215, C227 and C231. These will be 2mfd Callins electrolytics. Replace C223, 10mfd in the base circuit of VT210. Replace C211 and C229 as well.
As Malc suggests, change the lot.

DFWB.
Old 17th Jan 2016, 2:14 pm   #25
pastyboy
Hexode

yes will look at them, think most have been changed ! there are a few lurking though. Now the lack of height and convergence to have a go at ! I have the circuit and there are plenty of stock faults mostly the dreaded callins again.

I'm a callins get me outta here !
Closed Thread