UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Nov 2015, 1:38 pm   #21
dazzlevision
Dekatron

Default Re: Pye 697 woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingtech55 View Post
How many 725s and 731s are still going. Does anyone on here still have/use one? I don't want one or anything but I just wondered because the 697 was a kind of interim model until the all solid state sets appeared yet a good few survive but there seems to be few of successor sets still existing.

Just a thought.

Tim
Hello,

I have a 26" Pye set fitted with the 747 (110 degree CRT) solid state "chassis". I have only come across one solid state Pye CTV fitted with their (90 degree CRT) 725 chassis.

Regards,

Dazzlevision
Old 23rd Nov 2015, 3:21 pm   #22
flyingtech55
Octode

Default Re: Pye 697 woes

Despite it's many shortcomings, I wonder how many 697s Pye actually built and sold. They were a very popular set with the rental companies and were popular as rental sets with the independents. I know; I worked for both sectors at various times. I did hundreds of repairs on these sets and I know other engineers were the same, many of whom have stated so on this very forum. The 697 may have been Pye's all time best seller on the stack 'em, sell 'em cheap principle. Were any comparative numbers ever published?

TimR

Last edited by flyingtech55; 23rd Nov 2015 at 3:33 pm. Reason: Grammatical error
Closed Thread