UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Aug 2014, 1:45 pm   #1
Philips210
Nonode

Default GEC BT322 Control Knob Lettering

Hi.

I have been restoring one of these sets on and off for about five years and have nearly completed the set.

I am having difficulty identifying the letters that are printed on the large control knob located on the left hand side when viewed from the front of the set.
I think I can pick out the letters 'CONTROL' but there appear to be other letters rubbed off. Does anyone have a close up picture of this so I can apply new lettering to it?

The right hand located tuner knob is just about discernable, so I'll be able to reapply new numbers (1 to 12) to that.

Regards
Symon.
Old 24th Aug 2014, 3:33 pm   #2
FERNSEH
Dekatron

Default Re: GEC BT322 Control Knob Lettering

I think it is C O N T R A S T control. It has to be because the brightness control is at the back of the set.

DFWB.
Old 24th Aug 2014, 11:02 pm   #3
Philips210
Nonode

Default Re: GEC BT322 Control Knob Lettering

Thanks for that David.

All I need to do now is find some suitable size letter and number transfers to apply to the brass rings of the two large knobs.

Regards
Symon.
Closed Thread