UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Aug 2014, 10:51 pm   #21
Ian - G4JQT
Octode

Default Re: Bush TV24 picture width

Thought I'd give an update - very positive!

As you can see there is now more than sufficient width; the width control is only about half way. (The picture is sharper than the photo shows.)

The causes for insufficient width were various! All the following steps ended up curing the problem:
  • Changed one NOS EY51 for another NOS EY51
  • Changed LOPT
  • Adjusted EHT by changing value of C20 (470p TV22/300p TV24) to 270p
  • Changed NOS PZ30 and PL38 valves. Strange as they all tested very good on my CT160, but as suggested on this list, gave differing results when in use!

Didn't need to cheat on the mains-voltage tappings.

Picture all nicely squared up and mask (although slightly crazed despite spraying) looks fine.

Somewhere I saw prints of all the labels stuck on the chassis. I thought I saved them, but can't find them now. Does anyone know where they all are?

Thanks everyone for the help and advice - especially to Mike Barker following my visit!

Ian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04803.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	96390  
Closed Thread